Tuesday, May 03, 2011

CATCHING UP!

I can't believe how long it has been since I last updated this blog of mine. I am not even sure if I will be able to catch up on everything that has been going on.

Actually not much that is different has been happening. I consider this a good thing since it means that our life is going along just as it should be with very few "hiccups" along the way.

Keaton has lately been real involved in making short video movies. He enjoys using the camera and then gets on the computer and adds music and sound effects. he is quite good at it and has made some videos that are just hilarious! He reminds me so much of my own dad. Their interests are very similar from magic, to both playing the trumpet to video and film making. Nothing could make me happier then to have Keaton be so much like my dad. He is a wonderful man who is an incredible father who I LOVE so very much.

Bailey Rose cut off her beautiful LONG hair short. I tried very hard to discourage her from doing this since she had such beautiful hair but she insisted. It has taken me a while to get use to it, but I really think it is a cute cut on her. I curled it for Easter Sunday and just loved the outcome! However, she likes wearing it straight. I think the cut makes her look older and that is probably the one thing I don't like about it.



We found out last Friday that she needs reading glasses. This will be another look I will have to get use to and she is not thrilled about it in the least. However, she will only need to wear them when she is at school and when she is doing computer work and when she reads and does homework. We are hoping that this will stop the headaches she has been suffering. The eye doctor was surprised at how long she had been able to fly under the radar with the school eye testing. I highly recommend that children have their eyes checked by a real eye doctor a few times throughout their childhood. Even if they are passing the school eye testing, because these tests done at the school are not eye exams just minor testing. An eye doctor can catch what the school nurse may miss!

The kids had a good Easter and had fun dying Easter eggs. This year my last little one learned of the "secret" behind the Easter Bunny and Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy! We figured going on turning 10 she was old enough to be in on it. She took it very well and though a bit sad at first she still understands the fun in believing in the spirit of all these fun things. It will be nice to be able to put even more focus on the meaning of these special holidays! With the Tooth fairy she was just bummed at not receiving any more money for teeth. I'm just glad I do not have to make excuses for why the Tooth Fairy always forgot to come. I was not real good at that part, I always seemed to forget!








For Easter Dinner we got together at my dad and mom's house for a ham dinner with all the fixings and then the cousins went on an Easter Egg Hunt out in the greenbelt by my parent's home. They had fun as usual and it was fun for all the adults to sit and watch them. The weather was so beautiful! won't be long now before outside activities have to involve water to stay cool. The kids are ready though for swimming weather and with only just barely four weeks left of school they are VERY anxious for summer to begin! I am so glad they get to spend time with their cousins and build relationships with them. This was something that I was able to enjoy when I was young and even to this day we all still love getting together and spending time with each other. This past weekend my cousin Sharon married her best friend Dan and we all got to see each other again and it was fun to be together again if only for a short weekend. Cousins are just the BEST!
















It was an enjoyable holiday and I am so GRATEFUL that I have a testimony of Jesus Christ who overcame death and made it possible for all of us to live again and be with our families again someday. I am grateful for the knowledge I have of the Gospel and the peace and happiness it brings to my life.