Thursday, January 07, 2010

HEY, IT WORKS!

Over the Christmas holiday my kitchen sink faucet started to breakdown. Well, today it completely broke and I couldn't get any water from it. I thought, " I'm so glad this happened on a day when Kev was off from work." I called to him and told him what my dilemma was and he takes a look and says, "Yep it's broken!" I reply with, "You can fix though, right?" He says, " Sure after I am done with my school work and posting my assignments." Well, hours pass and now it is 3pm and I still have no kitchen sink faucet. I know how busy he is with school and I also know that he has to be to his night job in about 2 hours so at this point I get a bit nervous and very calmly remind him that I CANNOT live without a kitchen faucet. He finally gets the tools and tears the faucet apart only to tell me that he will have to order a part to replace the broken part. Okay, but what am I supposed to do in the meantime? I have to have a kitchen faucet! I cannot function in the kitchen without one and I am not wanting to wait days to have it repaired. Well, Kev is quite a handy guy and I am very grateful for his handyman skills. He tells me not to worry that he will rig something up so that I will have a faucet. Well he did just that! It is not the prettiest faucet but it gives me running hot and cold water. Thanks honey! Now I have to calmly keep telling him that he needs to order the part we need. He tells me he will do it on his next day off. Wait! That isn't until NEXT Wednesday! :)