Tuesday, January 12, 2010

BEING SICK

Well, the past couple of days I have been trying hard to do nothing but rest and not get sicker then I already am. I don't do sick very well and since I rarely ever get sick I know when I do it will take me down for about a week. I think it is so unfair for a mom to get sick because who will take care of the kids, cook the meals, get the kids to and from school, pack lunches, do laundry and keep the house from falling apart? I still have to manage all these things and rest and get well. Like I said I don't do sick very well! However, these last few days my hubby decided to join me in being sick and even though I still had to do most everything I do when I am well it was nice to have his company. On Monday I did a lot of sleeping and my body loved me for it until night came and I could not go to sleep. Up all night with nothing to do but lay there in bed and think. I thought about how I was not going to sleep today because let's face it I'm not a young adult anymore and night is for sleeping when you are my age. So today in my eagerness to still rest and try to get well I decided I would pick an activity that would not use to much of the little energy I had so I decided to make a doll dress for Bailey Rose's doll. This was actually what I thought about the night before as I was lying awake. Sewing always relaxes me! I found some unused fabric in my fabric drawer and so without a pattern I decided I would wing it from looking at one of her other doll dresses. It got tricky at times but I was very pleased with the outcome and Bailey Rose was thrilled to come home from school to find a new outfit for her doll. Now I would not recommend sewing doll clothes when your are sick as it was not relaxing for me in the least. I have had a fever and body aches all day and wish I would of just slept since I know tomorrow I will pay for not sleeping. Now I am off to bed!