Monday, August 24, 2009
IT HAS BEEN A MONDAY!
What a Monday! Today I decided I would keep Bailey home one more day just to make sure she was 100% better from her weekend of illness. However, last night she informed me that her gum was hurting her. After looking to make sure it was okay I discovered she had a rather large abscess that was on her gum on the upper right hand side. I thought, " What in the world is that and how did it get there". I told her since I was going to keep her home from school for one more day that we better get into the dentist to see what was going on. So this morning I called the dentist and they got her in right away. It turns out she had to have a molar pulled. Apparently, the tooth roots were not dissolving quick enough and when the other tooth started to come down it caused an abscess causing lots of swelling and redness and lots of pain. So on top of trying to get over her illness she was now being subjected to Novocaine shots, laughing gas and teeth forceps. My nerves were shot after our trip to the dentist and having to listen to my little Bailey Rose scream as they worked on her, I was almost in tears. My idea of giving her the laughing gas to relax her was not necessary and quite a waste since she was not relaxed in the least. I believe she was already in terror of knowing that the dentist gives shots in the mouth and they hurt. On the way home with drool dripping from her little mouth that was packed with gauze and her eyes drooping from being tired of her little ordeal she tells me," Mom, I don't want to stay home from school anymore." I smiled a little smile and thought quietly, " I hope she doesn't think I did this on purpose just because she didn't go to school!" She is sleeping it all off soundly and I know she is so glad it is all over, that is until I tell her that for the next 10 days she has to take a liquid antibiotic to make sure the infection in the gum heals. She HATES medicine! This has not been a good weekend or a good start to the new week for my Bailey. :(