Wednesday, August 12, 2009

BAPTISMS & FIRST DAYS OF SCHOOL

Okay, so Getting started back up on this blog is a lot harder then I thought it would be.
This past weekend my little Bailey Rose was baptized! I can hardly believe my baby is that old. It was a wonderful weekend! Kev's girls came for the weekend and so did Kev's parents. The kids were so excited to see Grandpa & Grandma Roth and at he girls and they felt special that they were coming to see them. The visiting was nice and it was good to get together and hang out!
The baptism was beautiful and later in the day we had a big spaghetti dinner for my family and Kev's family. It was fun. I think I was more stressed about the dinner and making sure there was enough to really enjoy it but, just the same it was fun. I did learn that making spaghetti for lots of people is harder to do then it looks. Spaghetti is easy for a family of four but not a family of 20 or more.



The kids went back to school Monday and they were all excited about it! I think they were more excited to see friends then teachers. Their first day was good. when we went to pick them up they were not thrilled or even smiling. I thought, maybe it wasn't a good day but, they said it was fine and that is all i got out of both of them. I felt so out of the loop and they didn't seem to think it was a big deal to elaborate on the day so I felt a little sad that they didn't want to share but, Kev reminded me that they aren't little ,little kids anymore and they will continue to share less and less about things as they get older. I hope that isn't the case but I guess we all were that way so I need to just deal with it. However, it doesn't hurt to keep trying! The second day was also another good day so I think this year is off to a good start.