
This year Keaton decided on his own that he wanted to take band and learn how to play the trumpet. We asked, " Why the trumpet?" and he said, "Because, I love the sound of it!" I don't think I have ever thought about the sound of the trumpet. Keaton takes to certain things quite quickly and if it is something he loves to do he will master it! I LOVE that quality about him! Kev and I agreed before we had children that we wanted them to be able to develop talents and skills and we would do what we could to help them to do just that. Today Keaton got to take his trumpet to school and will start to learn to play. He was so excited! My father plays the cornet which is a smaller version of the trumpet and Keaton was telling me this morning while he was gathering his school stuff that he couldn't wait to invite Grandpa Smith to his 1st concert. I know my dad is just as excited for him and can't wait for that 1st concert as well. :) I hope it is everything Keaton is thinking it will be and that he doesn't get frustrated with it but that he is patient in learning and developing the skill of playing. I just LOVE my little man! :)