Sunday, November 29, 2009

THE COUNTDOWN TO CHRISTMAS BEGINS!

Well, Thanksgiving came and went and it was enjoyable and yummy! We spent our Thanksgiving morning watching the Thanksgiving Day Parade and just lounging around. In the afternoon we traveled to Grandpa & Grandma Smith's home in Gilbert AZ and partook of a most delicious Thanksgiving feast. The kids had a blast playing with the cousins and the adults enjoyed going back for seconds and breaking out the pie and whip cream. It was a very memorable day!
Kevan had to be back to work Fri. morning so we spent Black Friday indoors putting up the Christmas tree. The kiddos had fun looking through all the tree ornaments and deciding which ones then would put up. As usual after they decorated the tree and went to bed I needed to rearrange some of the ornaments as most of them were down low and too close together. Bailey Rose helped me decorate the house as Keaton played the Wii. Every box of decorations we opened Bailey Rose would exclaim. "Oh Mama, I haven't seen this in years!" I laughed to myself and remembered how when I was a little girl each Christmas to Christmas felt like years as well. To be a child again and have nothing to do but anticipate Christmas morning would be nice again. I'm so grateful to watch all of that through my kiddos eyes.




Saturday morning I made homemade cinnamon rolls and we watched, "Akeelah and the Bee" and just snuggled up and enjoyed cinnamon rolls and hot chocolate. The tree lights were on and the house was all decked out and it was WONDERFUL just hanging with the family and doing nothing else but basking in spending time together!