Wednesday, September 09, 2009

A DOLLY & SOME FAMILY FUN!!!

Well,this past weekend was an enjoyable one. With the rain on Saturday and Kev working the kids and I just stayed indoors and pretended it was a cold winter day. In fact it was much cooler then usual and that was nice. The kids played very quiet most of the day with activities that seemed to keep the noise level to a minimum and I was grateful for that. We baked cookies together and then enjoyed eating them together.

Bailey decided she wanted to make a doll out of scrap fabric. I gave her some fabric and she started to cut away and as I watched her knowing that the end product she had in mind was never going to get accomplished I stepped in when the frustration set in for her. I quickly made a doll cut out and pulled out my sewing machine and then began sewing. She started to go through all my fabric and decided what type a dress her doll would have. I had not planned on making clothes for the doll but, thought since I already had the machine out I would quickly and I mean quickly make a dress for her doll which she had already named Samantha. Then Bailey asked me what type of hair she should have. I realized at this point that this doll was not going to be just a doll to her but a friend so I got the only yarn I had left which was rainbow colored and so we put rainbow hair on her. I told Bailey she was a "funky punky" prairie doll. She was just delighted with the end result and off she went to play with her new friend Samantha. Well, I have really been amazed at how much she loves this slapped together doll. She has played with her ever single day since we made her. She sleeps with her and she eats with her and she just goes everywhere with her. It is the cutest thing to watch. I sometimes I feel bad that I didn't put a little extra time into it to make it a better looking doll but, Bailey doesn't care in the least she loves her just the way she is. :)


Labor Day we all got together at my parents home except Kev and my little brother Chad because, the poor guys had to work. We BBQ-ed steaks and had had a great feast. The kids all played with their cousins and went swimming and then Uncle Brian put together a little treasure hunt for all of them, with the treasure being chocolate bars for the girls and cool sounding swords with lights and all for the boys. We had such an enjoyable fun day with family. The next day the kids went back to school and the busy week ahead of us has begun.