Friday, November 21, 2008

THE SEASON IS ARRIVING!!!

Here we are coming up on the Christmas season and my heart just doesn't feel like celebrating much but, I've decided that my kiddos still deserve a Merry Christmas so for them I will pull out the boxes and spend a weekend decorating the house for this festive holiday. I wasn't going to do that this year since it just seems so gloomy to begin with but then I realized I'm sure that there were many years that my own mom didn't feel like going through the whole decorating of the house process but she did so the rest of the family could enjoy. I'm almost positive that it was due to her majestic decorating that made Christmas one of my favorite times of the year. I remember sitting in the front room with the Christmas music playing with all the lights off except for the Christmas lights and just enjoying the magic of Christmas. That is what I looked forward to when I came home from college and what I looked forward to after I married and spent Christmas at home. I want my children to feel the same about their home when they think back on Christmas memories. Christmas isn't about presents and toys and food(though the food is GREAT) but it is about taking the time to share with your family and serve those in need and most of all remember how truly blessed we are that a loving Heavenly Father sent his son who paved the way for us all to return and live with Him again someday. It's a time to remember that night in the Inn where Mary and Joseph brought forth the babe wrapped in swaddling clothes and placed Him in a manger what a beautiful gift the world received that night! I hope that this Christmas season I can look past the trials we are having and enjoy the beauty of Holiday season!