Tuesday, December 09, 2008

SLOW DOWN DECEMBER!!!


I can't believe how quickly this month is flying! I remember when I was a kid it seemed like it would take forever for Christmas to come and now that I'm grown up and living life as a wife and mom, I can't seem to find the time in December to just enjoy the ambiance. However, the tree is up and decorated and the house is all done up except for the outside. I decided that we wouldn't decorate outside since I didn't really want to pay for the electric bill that seems to accompany the following month. I know, "BA HUMBUG". The kids had fun decorating the tree and after they went to bed I rearranged the ornaments so that they decorated the entire tree instead of just the bottom half. The kids are excited to say the least. Keaton found out this year about three months ago that Santa was a fun tradition and no necessarily a true tale. I was amazed at how well he handled it and how well he is doing at keeping the secret and allowing his sister to continue on believing in the magic. I think he feels a bit empowered by knowing the truth. The weather is definitely turning colder at least for those of us use to the 100 degree heat. I can honestly say that I have had enough of the cold already and I"m ready for the blistering heat again. I honestly don't know how I survived college in Rexburg, ID and a mission in Ohio - I HATE the cold. I am enjoying a cup of hot chocolate each morning after I get back from taking the kids to school. The kids have FINALLY adjusted to wearing pants and shoes instead of shorts and flip flops to school of course after school the shorts are back on. I actually managed long sleeve shirts for the last two days. However, Keaton informed me today that he won't wear long sleeves tomorrow because, it is a half day! What that has to do with it, I don't know but, I said okay since tomorrow is going to be in the mid 70's anyways! I probably won't post again until the New Year so I wish everyone a very MERRY CHRISTMAS!