Thursday, January 06, 2011
LEARNING NEW THINGS!
Last night Bailey Rose told me she wanted to learn to crochet. I told her I would teach her but that she had to work at it and practice it to get good at it. She was thrilled! I was about her age when I learned so I knew she could do it. I learned in my Merrie Miss class at our church and I remember it was challenging at first but once you got the hang of it all it was quite a nifty thing to do to fill spare time. I haven't done it in years but it is like riding a bike. Bailey Rose was real good at it and picked it up real quick. She would like to learn to knit too but, I told her that was something I never was good at so she would to learn that from someone else or teach herself. My Grandma Smith crocheted several beautiful throws which I treasure and both of the kids have baby sweaters that their Grandma Roth crocheted and knitted for them that they will be able to pass on to their own children. Handmade treasures! There is nothing more special then handmade treasures. Bailey Rose seems to enjoy it and hopefully she sticks with it but she is only 9 and knowing Bailey Rose she will find something even more thrilling and exciting to do in the next week or so but at least she now knows how to crochet!
