After they go home and gave us the details of the camp out Keaton told me that he did not like camping with the Scouts. Apparently there was poor execution of the things planned and the 11 year old's did nothing but sit in the hot sun and listen to someone talk for two hours about" leaving no trace". While the older scouts got to go to different workshops and do different things. Sounds like someone doesn't know 11 year old's too well. Breakfast was biscuits and gravy which the boys thought were disgusting and my guys were so glad that I packed them some breakfast goodies just in case.
I feel so bad that he didn't really enjoy himself. Kevan said there were some fun points. They bailed on the closing ceremony and went to the lake and went swimming. The boys loved that! I think they should make the first Scout camp out experience one that makes the boys want to continue to go to the camp outs not one where they never want to go again which is how Keaton felt. If Kevan hadn't been there I know it would of been total disaster for Keaton. We tried to tell him that it would be different as he got into the older scouts but unfortunately it has already been ruined for him and he does not want to go camping with the Scouts again but, I am hoping that will change as time goes on. Fun or not he came so exhausted and actually napped which he hasn't done in several years.
I asked Kevan to take pictures so that I could see Keaton in action but his phone battery died and so I got very few pictures.



