I can not believe school starts in 8 days! The summer is gone and routines and schedules will take priority once again. This summer it has been nice to have the kids around and the even though they are now bored out of their minds it has been a wonderful to have them home. I guess they are getting old enough that I don't have to stress about keeping them entertained. They do a good job of finding things to do but, these past couple of days all I hear is, "I'm so bored!" They are anxious for school to start and I'm grateful for that because, it means we will be starting the school year with a good attitude!
With school supplies, clothes, shoes, backpacks and lunch boxes bought I can say we are ready for the school year to begin. Afterschool schedules will be a bit more involved this year then those past, but my kids are looking forward to it all, so I am happy!
Kevan is busy with work and school. Aside from our Disneyland trip he has not had much of a summer. He works all day and then comes home and works all night in front of the computer. Sometimes he gets so tired he will go lay down and sleep for like twenty minutes and then get up and start back at his assignments. I appreciate his hard work and the dedication he has in getting his Business Degree. We are extremely grateful for his employment and feel blessed he has this opportunity to further his education.
I am looking forward to having the time while the kiddos are at school to clean the house without constant interruption from them. I also look forward to being able to exercise without constant interruption. A few weeks ago I reached my goal weight and really want to begin weight training to tone up what regular exercise hasn't. It is funny I weigh as much now as I did when I was 23 exercising daily, but it doesn't look the same at almost 40 exercising daily. Actually it is a bit depressing but, I figure if I throw some weight training in my body just may start to take shape again. At least I hope!
So with one more week to go in summer we will try to fit in as much fun as we can and then it's school, homework, music lessons, music practice, scouts, and girl scouts that will rule our lives for the next nine months. It has been a GREAT summer and we will miss it when it's gone!