Well, the kids went back to school today and even though they seemed excited yet not it was actually a sad thing for me. Not only did I miss sleeping in and waking up to their whispers of ,"Are her eyes open yet?" But I knew as the school bell rang and the kids scurried to their class lines that it would be quiet when I got home and that I would miss them both playing together and yes even their quarreling with one another. I am glad that Kev has the day off from work as I won't be by myself and consumed at wondering how the kids are doing their first day back after winter break.
I start teaching three days this week and I think I am completely prepped and ready to go. I have missed my little preschoolers and will be glad to see their sweet little faces again. One of my preschoolers gave his first talk in primary yesterday and it was just the sweetest thing! I really miss my kiddos being little and even though I love them being old enough to do for themselves it is still just hard to see little ones and not miss those days! It looks like I will dedicate myself to cleaning bedrooms and disposing of things not used anymore and restoring order in my kids bedrooms. Keaton does a good job of cleaning up but my little Bailey Rose is not bothered in the least of a bedroom that looks like a tornado ripped through it. What I can't understand is how it gets worse even when every single toy she has is already out and misplaced somewhere in her bedroom. The mound of girl stuff just seems to grow. I also would like to start going through my pile of accumulated school papers that I save each year. I am not a pack rat in any sense of the word but when it comes to the kiddos school work I can honestly say that I have every piece of paper they ever did all the way back to preschool. I can't seem to throw it away. It is my goal to go through the boxes I have sitting in my closet and sort through them and reduce in size the paper load I have. Keeping just the art work and maybe one or two reports and of course the report cards. Oh, it's going to be hard and I am dreading it already but it has to be done. I want to start this NEW Year off with accomplishing something hard and for me this is it!