TO BE A BROWNIE!
Well, this year Bailey decided that she wanted to join a Brownie Troop. I never desired to join Girl Scouts when I was young. I guess the activities I was more interested in were Piano and other things that would help me develop a talent. Now even though I can only play "Around the Totem Pole" on the piano and my Ballet career never took off ( one year of each was enough for me) I never felt like my hidden talents were left undiscovered. Well, when my own daughter came and begged if she could join a Brownie troop that her good friend was a part of I hesitated. She is only seven and did I really want her to be a part of a group of girls that wore uniforms and sold cookies and gathered for meetings. Well, no I didn't! I guess since I never was a Brownie then my daughter didn't need to be either. Next summer she would be starting Achievement Days in primary and that seemed sufficient for extra curricular activities. Well, after talking to Kev about it we decided that we would let her join a Brownie Troop. She is in the same Brownie troop as her friend Liberty. Yesterday after school she had her first Brownie Meeting. She was so excited that for weeks she has been counting down the days and couldn't wait for school to end so she could experience the Brownie Troop meeting. About 30 minutes before the end of their meeting the parents came to have a mandatory meeting which would explain in more detail all about the Troop and their activities. When I walked in and saw Bailey participating I couldn't help but notice the look of pure enjoyment on her part to have something of her own to be a part of. Keaton has Boy Scouts and now Bailey has Girl Scouts. I was not too thrilled when the leader of her troop started to go into detail of the parent participation area though. It looks like I will be more a part of this then I had originally wanted but, then I figured that it's better to know and be a part of my children's activities then not know who they are with or what they are doing. Bailey is thrilled to be a part of this and I can't help but be excited for her.
This was the Craft that the girls did at their first meeting. They also had fun making sticker sheets and decorating cupcakes with candy bones. What little girl wouldn't have fun doing that?