Thursday, March 17, 2011

MISSING MY CHATTER BOX


Wednesday Bailey Rose had her mouth expander for both the top and bottom of her mouth put in. She has found it difficult to eat and talk and is NOT a happy camper. If you know my Bailey Rose you know she is a chatter box! She is pretty much always smiling and always has something to say. However, these last few days it is like she is missing from the family. She says nothing and is very self conscious about how she sounds when she does speak. I have to request that she speaks just so she will get use to talking so that she can learn to talk normally with all the ortho appliances in her mouth. I truly miss her constant chattering! She hasn't smiled much either. I can understand being miserable and how it changes a person's mood but, she is the one who keeps me smiling and positive so without her normal cute personality I find myself feeling a bit down. She is so hungry and gives up eating after not being able to swallow the first bite of something. She has tried to eat but has found that yogurt, applesauce, pudding and milkshakes are all she can swallow. I keep telling her she just has to get use to the new fixtures in her mouth and retrain her tongue to swallow food, but she is convinced she will never be able to eat again. My heart goes out to her and this dilemma she has acquired that will be a part of her for the next year. After that she will sport braces for a while. She has a long road of ortho work ahead of her but, I keep telling her that the end result will be beautiful teeth to go with her beautiful smile! However, at this point she doesn't care what her teeth look like she just wants her mouth back! I just would like my chattering, smiling and happy Bailey Rose back!

THE FIRST SET OF TEETH IMPRESSIONS!