Thursday, February 10, 2011

VALENTINE CARDS & A COOKBOOK

Well, tomorrow is Friday and the kiddos have been looking forward to school Valentine's Day parties. However, Keaton came home sick with the stomach flu today and a high fever so he has to miss the 6th Grade Valentine's Dance. He is pretty bummed out about it. I wasn't thrilled with the fact that they were having one in the first place since he is only 11 and not really old enough to be going to dances but, I was going to be a nice mom and let him go because, it was in the middle of the day and I knew he would not ask any girls to dance. He is too shy! He was excited to just hang out with his friends and listen to the music. Now he will spend the day with boring mom who will make him do classwork he has missed and rest instead of playing his video games. I know, I am a meanie!
Bailey on the other hand is planning on attending parties. She has already put out the outfit she will wear tomorrow. She has done all her Valentine's and had so much fun doing them especially after we bought mini M7M packs to attach to her cards. She is super excited! She also has her Brownie Troop Valentine's Party after school, so her day will be a party day and who doesn't look forward to that!




Aside from taking care of sick kids and a sick husband I have finally started another project for myself!

For Christmas Kev bought me a large Recipe Book. This is something I have wanted for quite some time so that I could transfer all my recipes into one book and have them printed out nicely. I have so many that are typed, handwritten & printed on lots of different recipe cards and pieces of paper etc. I LOVE the one that he got me because not only is it large enough to hold all my recipes but, it stands in a book holder so that I do not have to keep picking up my recipe cards to look at while I am cooking. I can just glance over at my book and it is right there easy to find and to look at. I keep it out on my counter since my hubby did such a wonderful job matching the book to my kitchen colors. I no longer have to hunt through the drawer for the right recipes book ( I have like four). Each page has a plastic cover so splatters do not matter. So many of my old recipes cards have splatters of ingredients all over them. Though it has been a project and will take me a bit longer I am slowly retyping my recipes out and placing them in their new home. It was just the best Christmas present ever and one that I will enjoy through many more years.