Wednesday, April 21, 2010
ROLLER RINK FUN!!!
Last night the school had a fundraiser at the local Skate Rink and the kids begged Kev and I to take them. Now neither of my kids have ever been on skates so we figured that since this is something they would have never done then we may as well let them have the experience. It was the most hilarious sight! I couldn't stop laughing at how jello like their little legs went when they got out on the floor. I had to try and contain my laughter around Keaton as he is quite sensitive about people laughing around him. It was like watching them learn to walk for the first time again. Poor Keaton he fell so many times but, he was a trooper and kept getting up and kept trying. Bailey Rose well, she found out that the carpeted floor was a lot easier to skate on and that she wouldn't fall as much so once she discovered that she never left the carpet again. She skated or should I say inched herself up and down the small strip of carpet off the side of the skating floor. She then got bored until daddy bought her a purple glow stick and then she was all smiles again. It was quite fun to get out and skate which is something Kev and I haven't done since we were very young. I think Kev was nervous at first until he got his footing but, soon found out that roller skating is just like riding a bike ~ you never forget how. All in all it was a very fun family activity with chocolate milkshakes to top it off. The kids had so much fun they were still talking about it this morning.