Monday was a rainy day and I spent the day indoors baking sugar cookies that would be frosted and decorated later in the week. It was rather enjoyable to bake on a rainy day while drinking hot chocolate and listening to Christmas music!
On Tuesday after school Keaton & I hurried to Scouts and then right after we had to HURRY to get ready for his Christmas Band Concert. It was a great concert and I think the trumpets were FABULOUS but then again I may be biased since Keaton plays the trumpet! They have come a long way since the beginning of the year. I was so disappointed because my camera battery kept dying but I did manage to get "Jingle Bells" all the way through the first time they played it.
On Wednesday the kids had a half day at school. The kids were thrilled with the short day however, I wasn't because I didn't get to do the things done that I wanted to do while they were at school. Bailey Rose had Achievement days at 4pm and I had to try hard not to forget since I have done just that during the month of November. I felt so bad since she loves Achievement days so this time I was determined not to forget. They made chocolates with Christmas candy molds and dipped pretzels in the chocolate. She had a blast and was sweet enough to custom make a candy for everyone in the family. She couldn't stop talking about how much fun it was!
On Thursday it was a normal day except Kev had to work the part time job that night since he missed Tues. night so he could attend Keaton's concert. He had the day off from Coca Cola so the two of us did the grocery shopping and ran other errands. He spent alot of the day getting ready for school which he starts on the 14th. Oh yeah I forgot to mention that he is going back to school to get his degree in Business. Yes, he is going to be an even busier guy with two jobs and school.
On Friday Bailey Rose had her Brownie Troop meeting where they crafted up a storm. She had loads of fun as always! That night the kids frosted and decorated the sugar cookies I baked on Monday. They had fun for a while and then moved onto something else leaving me to finish the frosting and decorating. Not my favorite thing to do but I managed to finish up. However, there is still more holiday baking to do!
Saturday Bailey Rose and I went with my two sisters and my mom and two of my nieces to see "Little House on the Prairie, The Musical" as the ASU Gammage. It was just fabulous! Melissa Gilbert played the role of "Ma" Ingalls. I grew up with the TV series and still love it today. I have read all the books and now my little Bailey Rose is watching the reruns and wants to begin the books. I'm so glad that she is enjoys it just as much as I did when I was little. She thought is was fantastic to be able to see the person who played Laura Ingalls in the TV series. Melissa Gilbert did a wonderful job as "Ma". Bailey Rose LOVED! LOVED! LOVED it! She is still talking about it this morning and asked if she could have braids in her hair like Laura. She is just TOO cute! She also told me that next year for Halloween she wanted to dress up as Laura Ingalls. We will see if that is still the case next October.
Bailey Rose and her cousins, Brianna and Taylor with their binoculars during intermission. We sat in the top balcony in the 3rd row. Even though they were far away we saw the Musical really well.
Since we couldn't take photos during the Musical I tried to take a few before hand.
Lots of FUN had by all!