Tuesday, December 29, 2009

CHRISTMAS MORNING 2009

Well, I had real good intent to capture Christmas on my camera but, I enjoyed watching the festivities more then I did recording them. I'm such a slacker! I did however capture a few pictures of my kiddos exploring their Santa gifts. This year I was a bit disappointed because, it seemed like my kids didn't have the PURE EXCITEMENT as they have in the past. My dad and mom said that all of my brothers got less excited the older we got so I guess it's just part of growing up. Only one of my kiddos knows the Santa "secret" and maybe that had something to do with it. Don't get me wrong it was still a WONDERFUL Christmas and their was excitement but I noticed the maturity in my kids and that made it a bit gloomy for me.

We had Grandpa & Grandma Smith over for a hearty Christmas breakfast with all the traditions I grew up with. Kev really like the breakfast part of the morning. After breakfast we opened the presents under the tree and then everyone played with the new toys and Kev read his new book, "Going Rouge" by Sarah Palin and I started the clean up. That afternoon we went to Christmas dinner at Grandpa & Grandma Smith's house and saw all the cousins which we saw Christmas Eve when we got together at my sister Shanna's house for dinner and our tradition program. All in all it was a marvelous Christmas ans we enjoyed it to the fullest. The decorations along with the tree have
been packed away for another year and we are ready to bring in 2010!